Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A ridicious RMI issue

The stub files are stored in RMIRegistry. The object is bound when server side publish it via Naming.bind(name, remoteObject). The client side can look up it via Naming.lookup(name) to acquire the network aware stub file.

Basically the remote object is bound to localhost, and inside the stub files, it need the IP address to connect to. It maybe a problem for the host with multiple IPs. It appears that RMI will randomly set an interface IP to be used in stub files.

It causes a ridicious result in my testing. I have a MU (wireless network adapter) connected to the host. And it is miserably used as licence agent (remote object)'s IP in its stub file and crash the system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.